Restricting access to Mobile Business Banking
Administrators can enable or disable the BNZ Mobile Business Banking permission within the administration tab in Internet Banking for Business. By default, everyone has permission to use the Mobile Business Banking app for banking.
However, if turned off, the Mobile Business Banking app can only be used to authenticate a login to Internet Banking for Business on desktop.
Administrators can also enable or disable the ‘Mobile PIN and/or fingerprint login’ that allows users to access the Mobile Business Banking apps using a five-digit PIN or, on certain phones, Touch ID, Fingerprint Login and Face ID.
Mobile Business Banking session time out
If the session is inactive for five minutes you will automatically be logged out.
Follow these tips to maximise your security when using Mobile Business Banking:
- Log out of Mobile Business Banking as soon as you have finished.
- Never leave your mobile phone unattended while you’re logged into Mobile Business Banking.
- Never disclose or copy your access number or password details.
- Change your password regularly through Internet Banking for Business.
- When choosing a password, avoid easily-guessed things like part of your name, your pet’s name, numbers from your Internet Banking for Business access code or the street you live in.
- Only install BNZ Mobile Banking applications from the Apple App Store or the official Google Play. We will only publish applications and updates to these places.
- Keep your smartphone’s operating system and any relevant antivirus software up to date.
- When using your phone in public places, make sure no one is looking over your shoulder to get sensitive information, such as your access numbers, passwords or other personal information.
- Make use of your smartphone’s own security and PIN access controls wherever possible to make it harder for someone to access the personal information on your phone.
- Don’t allow other people to access your mobile device by using Touch ID or Fingerprint Login. Enabling login to Mobile Business Banking by fingerprint means that any fingerprint used to unlock your mobile device will also be able to access your accounts, make payments and issue instructions to us. We treat these as if they were authorised by you.