Help & Support
GlobalPlus credit cards changed to BNZ Advantage
GlobalPlus is now called BNZ Advantage and Airpoints ™ have been replaced with cash back.
With BNZ Advantage, the choice is yours - cash to buy, cash to fly or cash to save.
At this stage, BNZ Advantage credit cards are only available to customers who had GlobalPlus credit cards.
- What's changed?
- Rates, fees and features
- Cash back rewards
- Contact us and FAQs
- Related topics
- Terms and conditions
- Travel insurance policies and FAQs
- Cash back rewards instead of Airpoints™
- Boosted cash back earn rate (for a limited time) for MasterCard and Visa cardholders
- Lower annual card fees* and up to 55 days interest free for all personal cards
- Ability to check how much cash back you’ve earned each month in Internet Banking
- Credit card customers will receive a replacement card in the mail shortly, but in the meantime you can keep using your card as normal.
Rates, fees and features
Rates and fees
|Card||Purchase Interest Rate (P.A.)1||Cash Advance (P.A.)||Balance transfer rate5||Account Fee2||Joint/Additional Account Fee|
|BNZ Advantage Classic||19.95%||22.20%||0% p.a. or
4.99% p.a. for 12 months
|$24 half yearly||$6 half yearly|
|BNZ Advantage Gold||19.95%||22.20%||0% p.a. or
4.99% p.a. for 12 months
|$40 half yearly||$12.50 half yearly|
|BNZ Advantage Platinum||15.45%||15.45%||0% p.a. or
4.99% p.a. for 12 months
|$72.50 half yearly3
||$10 half yearly|
|Card||Cash back earn rates||Interest Free Days||Travel Insurance Days4||Concierge service||Extended warranty6||Purchase insurance6||PriceGuard6|
|BNZ Advantage Classic||$120 = $1 cash back until 31 October 2015
$150 = $1 cash back from 1 November 2015
|Up to 55 days interest free||-||-||-||-||-|
|BNZ Advantage Gold||$80 = $1 cashback until 31 October 2015
$100 = $1 cash back from 1 November 2015
|Up to 55 days interest free||Up to 35||-||✓||✓||✓|
|BNZ Advantage Platinum||$68 = $1 cash back until 30 April 2016
$75 = $1 cash back from 1 May 2016
|Up to 55 days interest free||Up to 90||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Cash back rewards
All cash back rewards will be credited back to your credit card account. This reduces the balance outstanding but does not change the minimum monthly payment.
If you want to see the rewards add up, you can transfer the same cash amount from the account you would have paid your credit card bill from, in to a savings account of your choice. For example, if you earn $50 cash back, $50 is deducted from the credit card balance you need to pay. Simply transfer the $50 from your transaction account to your savings account.
View your cash back rewards online
You'll also be able to check how much cash back you've earned each month, without having to wait for your statement to arrive, by logging into BNZ Internet Banking. Cash back is calculated once a month at the end of your statement cycle and will show as 'BNZ - Cash Back Earned'.
Contact us and FAQs
If you have any questions, send us an enquiry or call us on 0800 275 269.
If you’re not a former GlobalPlus customer and want to find out more about our new BNZ Advantage, leave us your details and we’ll be in touch.
Terms and conditions
Travel Insurance policies and FAQs
*Excludes Platinum joint and additional card fee
- Rates subject to change. Please see our public notices for information on any upcoming rate changes.
- Account fees are subject to change.
- Spend $30,000 or more in a 6 month period and we'll refund your next half yearly account fee. Refunded back on your card if you spend $30k or more on purchases in the 6 months since your last half yearly fee charge. Purchases excludes Cash Advances (including those bill payments which we determine are Cash Advances), fees, interest, credit card insurance payments and balance transfers from non-BNZ accounts and BNZ accounts, but include purchases transacted during the relevant period that have been transferred from another BNZ credit card account when switching to a BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum card.
- 35 Day Gold International Leisure Travel Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover (‘Insurance’) is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and activation requirements contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Gold cardholders by CIGNA Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Insurer’) pursuant to an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
90 Day Platinum International Leisure Travel Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover (‘Insurance’) is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and eligibility criterial contained in the policy document. You should ready the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Platinum cardholders by CIGNA Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Insurer’) under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
- Balance transfer terms and conditions apply. Balance transfers are not eligible for rewards, and there are no interest free days. The minimum balance transfer amount is $500. Balance transfers are subject to approval, and terms and conditions apply. Only balances from New Zealand issued non-BNZ Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, GE CreditLine, The Warehouse Financial Services Credit and Store Cards, Fisher & Paykel Finance issued Q Cards and Farmers Cards are eligible for the balance transfer rate. After the promotional period, any balance transfer amount still unpaid will revert to the standard annual purchase interest rate. BNZ reserves the right to increase the interest rate applying to the balance transfer.
- Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty and PriceGuard ('Covers') are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions (for example, claim limits) contained in the policy document. You must read the policy document to ensure the Covers fit your requirements. The Covers are provided to Gold and Platinum cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') pursuant to an agreement with BNZ, under which BNZ makes the Covers available to Gold and Platinum cardholders. BNZ does not underwrite the Covers, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer.