Home loan special — 4.49% p.a. fixed for 3 years
Get this great Classic home loan rate when you have your everyday banking and one other product with us.*, 1
Minimum equity requirement.
Grab a great mortgage rate
Choose a fixed or floating rate, or get a combination of the two for ultimate flexibility. See all rates.1
Our fixed and floating home loans
Fly Buys home loan
Fixed or floating
Collect Fly Buys points2 on your loan balance. Each month you'll collect nine points for loans less than $50K, 34 points for loans between $50K-$149K or 84 points if your loan is $150K or more. Calculate how many Fly Buys points you could earn.
TotalMoney home loan
Classic home loan
This loan is only available from time to time when we offer a special fixed rate on selected terms. Keep your eye out for these great rates. 1
Features of our home loans
Our fixed and floating home loans come with varied features depending on the type of loan.
Choose one of our fixed or floating rates, or mix and match a combination of the two by splitting your mortgage into fixed and floating portions.
By making a small increase to your repayments each year you could save thousands in interest and shave years off your home loan.4 More about tailored repayments.
Lock in a rate
If you like the look of one of our fixed rates, we can hold it for up to 60 days so you don’t miss out.5
Choose your term
You decide the total length of your home loan with us – it can be any length up to 30 years.
Option to pay extra
You can repay any amount, anytime with our floating home loans. For fixed loans, repay up to 5% of the outstanding loan balance at the start of your fixed rate term. Not available on Classic home loans.
Access extra repayments you've made on your loan above the required minimum, if you need to. You can't do this while your loan is still on a fixed interest rate.6
Compare home loan rates, fees and benefits
View and compare all of our home loans and choose the one that's right for you.
Home loan calculators
How much can I borrow?
Work out how much you could borrow based on your current income and expenses.
What will my repayments be?
Finding out what your mortgage repayments will be, can help when budgeting for and choosing a home.
How fast can I pay off my home loan?
Work out how many years it will take to pay off your home loan, based on your weekly, fortnightly or monthly mortgage repayments.
We can help you get sorted
Get conditional approval
Talk to a mobile mortgage manager
Buying your first home or need help with switching? Our team is here to help and we'll come to you.7
Switching to us is easy
We do the hard work for you, including finding you the right home loan package and dealing with your current bank.
Talk to us about restructuring
Our home loan specialists can help you talk through some options and even find you a great rate.
All home loans are subject to our lending criteria (including minimum equity requirements), terms and fees. Interest rates are subject to change. An establishment fee of up to $400 may apply for personal lending (the fee may be different for non-personal lending). Not for business purposes.
- Rates subject to change. Classic fixed rates are only available when you have at least 20% equity in the property provided as security, but where Auckland residential investment property is involved, more equity may be required, if Reserve Bank minimum equity restrictions apply. A BNZ transactional account with your salary or wages credited and one other product is required. A ratelock fee and early repayment charges may apply. Not for packaged offers.
- Fly Buys terms and conditions apply. BNZ (and its related companies) do not guarantee the redemption of Fly Buys or that Fly Buys will continue to be offered for products or services provided by them. The BNZ Fly Buys home loan is also known as the BNZ Standard Home Loan. Fly Buys collection rates can change without notice.
- TotalMoney terms and conditions apply.
- Tailored home loan repayments are not available on Rapid Repay, Mortgage One, any of our Interest Only loans, or Progressive Drawdown loans. With some fixed interest rates, if you increase the amount of your repayments, make lump sum repayments, or pay off the loan early, you may incur an early repayment charge.
- Ratelock fee may apply.
- Low equity premium may apply if the amount of your loan increases the LVR of your home loan to 80% or over. Subject to lending criteria. Conditions apply.
- Mobile mortgage managers cover the Auckland Region, Hamilton City and surrounds, Tauranga, Napier/Hastings, Christchurch City and surrounds and the Wellington Region.
* Rate effective 18 January 2016 and subject to change.
^ Rate effective 29 December 2015 and subject to change.