Home loan repayment calculator
Use this calculator as a guide to find out what your mortgage repayments could be, work out how many years it could take to pay off your home loan, and how many Fly Buys points you could earn.
About our home loans and this calculator
This calculator is intended as a guide only and is based on the Residential Owner Occupied rate. It is not a quote or an offer of finance by BNZ.
Things you should know about our home loans
All home loans are subject to our lending criteria (including minimum equity requirements), terms and fees. Some interest rates may require you to have a certain minimum equity in the property used as security, and for some rates a low equity interest rate premium rate may apply if you have a low loan to value ratio. An establishment fee of up to $400 may apply for personal lending (the fee may be different for non-personal lending).
A Residential Owner Occupied rate or Residential Investor rate will apply to new loans entered into from 23 October 2018. Find out more. For all home loans entered into before 23 October 2018, see applicable rates here.
We’ve had to make some assumptions to calculate your approximate repayments:
- There are no changes to the loan amount and you don’t borrow any extra on this loan.
- You don’t make any additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments above the standard repayments (but you could choose to do this to reduce the term and interest charges, if your loan allows).
- You make all your repayments in full and on time.
- The interest rate remains the same for the term of your home loan. Note that in reality, interest rates are likely to change over time.
- The interest on your home loan is calculated daily and charged at the same frequency as you choose for repayments, over the term of your loan.
- Your repayment amounts are calculated on a “principal and interest” basis for the term of the loan.
- Actual amounts may vary slightly due to rounding.
Fly Buys points can only be earned on Fly Buys loans. Fly Buys terms and conditions apply. BNZ (and its related companies) do not guarantee the redemption of Fly Buys or that Fly Buys will continue to be offered for products or services provided by BNZ. Fly Buys collection and redemption rates can change without notice.
† Classic fixed rates are only available when you have at least 20% equity in the property provided as security, but where Auckland residential investment property is involved, more equity may be required, if Reserve Bank minimum equity restrictions apply. A BNZ transactional account with your salary or wages credited and one other product is required. Not available for packaged offers.