Group your everyday accounts together (yours plus other family members) and earn interest on the combined balance.2
With 10 accounts for $10 per month2 you can form a group with your own accounts naming them according to your different expenses or savings goals and earn a great interest rate on the combined account balances (service and facility fees apply).
Or, you can form a group of accounts with your parent’s, partner’s or kid’s accounts. Everyone keeps complete control of their own accounts, but you all get the benefits as if you are one customer. This means you could all earn more interest on your everyday money and savings.
Let all your accounts earn interest like they’re one big investment2
When you combine your TotalMoney accounts into a group, we then treat the money as one big total when calculating the interest rate that will apply. We call it pooling. Every account earns the same interest rate, but they stay completely separate.
Control your accounts with Internet Banking
With TotalMoney you can simply log into Internet Banking and:
- Open new TotalMoney accounts for yourself2
- Nominate one of your accounts as the fee paying account for the group
- Open and change text and email alerts, which you get for no extra charge with TotalMoney
- View online statements
Do your banking however you choose
With a TotalMoney account there are so many ways you can do your banking. Telephone and internet banking, ATMs, EFTPOS and BNZ tellers are all available to help you manage your money. You also have the option of using cheques, direct debits and bill payments, plus you can have your income paid directly into your account.
The option to apply for an overdraft
If you need to withdraw more than you have in your account you can apply for an overdraft3. It’s an easy way to get a small loan to see you through. Arranging an overdraft facility ahead of time means it’s always there when you need it. Plus you’re more likely to avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of having a payment declined.
- Account opening and lending criteria, establishment fee and facility fees apply. TotalMoney is not available for business purposes.
- Maximum of 10 accounts in a TotalMoney group. Establishment fee and facility fees apply
- Fees are charged on the last business day of each calendar month and are based on the period between the last business day of the previous calendar month and the second to last business day of the current month, inclusive.
- Fees for Telegraphic Transfers will still apply.
- Debit interest charges also apply, minimum charge $1.00. Debit interest is calculated daily and charged to that account on your repayment date.