Get on top of your debt
If you've overspent during Christmas, are paying interest on a credit card at another bank, or need to get on top of ongoing purchases, our Low Rate Mastercard® special offer can help.
0% p.a. on balances transferred for 12 months*
$0 account fee for 6 months*
0% p.a. on new purchases for 3 months*
And stay on top of it
Even after the periods of the offers have ended, our Low Rate Mastercard has one of the lowest purchase interest rates in the market:
- 13.45% p.a. purchase interest rate
- $5 monthly account fee
- Up to 55 days interest free
- $500 minimum limit
12 months interest free with a balance transfer
Or take control with a personal loan
If you’ve made big purchases like a diamond ring or car, or need to consolidate multiple sources of debt, our Advanced Personal Loan could make it easier to manage. Our personal loan offers you a fixed term with easy to manage flexible repayments.
Lending criteria, terms and fees apply. Rates and fees are subject to change. An additional fee applies for an additional card/joint account.
*Triple Zeroes Offer – Terms & Conditions
To be eligible for the Triple Zeroes Offer (defined below) you must apply for a new Low Rate Mastercard (“Card”) by 31 March 2018 and be approved. Your eligibility for the Low Rate Mastercard is subject to BNZ approval.
The Triple Zeroes Offer consists of the following offers:
- a 0% p.a. purchase interest rate on any new purchases for three months from the date your Card is approved (“0% p.a. Interest Period”);
- a 0% p.a. interest rate on any balances transferred from a non-BNZ credit card for 12 months from the date your balance transfer is approved (“Balance Transfer Period”); and
- a waiver of the standard account fee for six months from the date your Card is approved (“Fee Waiver Period”) (this does not include any additional fee that applies for an additional card/joint account).
The Balance Transfer Period is subject to the following conditions:
- Eligibility is limited to balances transferred from non-BNZ New Zealand issued Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards. Balances may also be transferred from other financial organisations at BNZ’s discretion, including but not limited to store cards, hire purchase accounts and personal loans from other banks.
- Balance transfer is subject to BNZ approval. A minimum balance transfer amount of $500 applies. Your BNZ credit card must remain within 95% of its credit limit after the balance has been transferred. If the amount requested to be transferred exceeds 95% of your credit card limit, BNZ may process a lesser amount up to 95% of your credit limit. There are no interest free days.
Purchases exclude cash advances (including some bill payments which are cash advances), fees, interest, credit card insurance payments and balance transfers.
To retain the Triple Zeroes Offer, you must comply with your Card’s terms and conditions.
After the 0% p.a. Interest Period and the Balance Transfer Period, the standard purchase interest rate for your Card (13.45% p.a. as at 08/01/18) will apply to any outstanding balances and to any new purchases you make on your Card.
After the Fee Waiver Period, the standard account fee for your Card ($5 per month as at 08/01/18) will be applied to your Card account.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.