Get up to 90 days of international leisure travel insurance.
- Earn Platinum Rewards points on purchases
- Higher credit limit and spend-based account fee refund
- Extra insurances to provide added purchase protection1
- Exclusive Visa Platinum privileges
Get a low rate of 1%9 p.a. when you transfer to us
Transfer an existing credit or store card balance you have elsewhere to a credit card with us and all you'll pay is 1% p.a. for 12 months on that balance, when you also have your main income paid into one of our transaction accounts (like YouMoney). If you don't have a transaction account with us, we'll still give you 3.99% p.a. for 12 months on a transferred balance, whether you're new to BNZ or we already know you. Unfortunately, there are no loyalty points or interest free days on the amount you transfer and you can't transfer a balance from another one of our credit cards. Find out more.
No card works harder at delivering rewards than BNZ Platinum Visa. You'll collect one Platinum Reward Point for every dollar you spend on purchases. These can be converted to Fly Buys points at a rate of 20 BNZ Platinum Reward Points to 1 Fly Buys Point.2 It's free to join Fly Buys and you can redeem your Fly Buys online for all sorts of rewards.
The freedom to make things happen
Your BNZ Platinum Visa comes with a significant credit limit. You'll have the freedom to seize opportunities and make spur of the moment decisions. With up to 55 days interest free on your purchases (provided you pay the full amount of the outstanding balance by its due date) using your BNZ Platinum Visa credit card can help optimise money management.
Platinum Visa gives you exclusive access to money can't buy experiences, be it tickets to gallery openings or backstage passes. For round the clock personal assistance you can call on Platinum concierge and with Front Line Access you'll have the opportunity to secure sought after tickets to selected events before pre-sales and before they go on sale to the general public.
Visit the Visa Platinum website to find out more.
International leisure travel insurance at no extra cost
As a BNZ Platinum Visa credit cardholder, you could be eligible for 90 Day Platinum Card International Leisure Travel Insurance on overseas travel of up to 90 days long3. Your Visa Platinum Concierge Service and emergency travel assistance are also just a phone call away, 24 hours a day.
For the full details of this insurance, please read the BNZ 90 Day Platinum Card International Leisure Travel Insurance Policy PDF 140KB.
Your purchases are protected
Your Platinum card comes with Extended Warranty, Purchase Protection, and PriceGuard insurances1.
- Extended Warranty – this can extend the warranty period beyond the manufacturer's original warranty on purchases you make with your card by up to 12 months1
- Purchase Protection – can give you 90 days' insurance against theft, loss or damage on purchases you make with your card1
- PriceGuard – when you buy something worth $150 or more with your card and then see it advertised somewhere else for less within 30 days of purchase, you could get the difference refunded up to a maximum of $1000 for each purchase1
For the full details of these insurances, please read the BNZ Platinum Visa Card Insurances PDF 140KB document.
Your account fee could be refunded
Your half-yearly account fee of $87.504 will be refunded if you have made purchases totalling $30,000 or more on your Platinum card since your last half-yearly account fee was charged.
Need cash in a hurry?
You can use your Platinum card to get a cash advance5 from ATMs here and overseas6. However, there's no interest-free period for cash advances8, so using your Platinum card to borrow cash is just like getting an instant loan.
Use your card to quickly pay for purchases
All BNZ chip Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued since 31st October 2012 have contactless technology, allowing you to use your card to quickly pay for purchases of up to $80 in New Zealand without a using a PIN.
Low minimum payment in case you need it
Each month, you can choose to pay as little as 2% or $25 of your outstanding balance (plus any overlimit or overdue amount), whichever is greater. We recommend that you repay as much of the outstanding monthly balance as possible, as you will be charged the current applicable interest rate on any remaining balance unpaid, but it's nice to know that the minimum payment option is there when you need a bit more flexibility.
Security to protect you from fraud
Our credit cards come with security features to help protect you from credit card fraud when you make purchases online and over the counter. We also have world-leading technology, LENSecure, that updates your credit card information with every balance enquiry, mini statement or cash advance5 at a BNZ ATM. This helps protect your card from counterfeit fraud.
Visa and MasterCard also come with added security, so you can feel more secure when you use your credit card to buy online. Find out more about using your Visa or MasterCard when shopping online.
Exclusive offers with Visa
Get exclusive entertainment offers with your Visa card through Visa Entertainment, including ticket pre-sales for concerts.
|Card type8||Platinum Visa|
|Purchase interest rate||View rates here|
|Cash advance interest rate||View rates here|
|Interest free days|
|Interest free days||Up to 55 days interest free|
|Account fee||$87.50 half yearly|
|Joint/additional account fee||No charge|
|Foreign currency service fee7||2.25% of the NZ dollar value of every Foreign Currency Transaction (as defined in the relevant credit card terms and conditions). The Bank does not charge a foreign currency service fee on purchase reversals (which does not include purchase refunds (on which we charge a foreign currency service fee)), ATM reversals and chargebacks, and credits a foreign currency service fee that is calculated as a percentage of the New Zealand dollar value of the reversal or chargeback.|
|Late payment fee||$15.00|
|Over limit fee||$20 per statement (on each statement until the account is back within its limit)|
|Cash advance fees6|
|Electronic via NZ BNZ ATM, Telephone Banking or Internet Banking||$1.0010|
|Electronic via NZ non-BNZ ATM||$2.0010|
|All overseas transactions||$7.5010|
Lending criteria and account fees apply.
- Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty and PriceGuard ('Covers') are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions (for example claim limits) contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Covers meet your needs. The Insurance is provided to Platinum cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Covers, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer.
- BNZ Platinum Reward Programme terms and conditions apply. Earning and redemption rates subject to change without notice. To join Fly Buys visit flybuys.co.nz. Fly Buys conversion and redemption rates are subject to change without notice. Fly Buys terms and conditions apply. BNZ (and its related companies) does not guarantee the redemption of Fly Buys or that Fly Buys will continue to be offered for product or services provided by them.
- 90 Day Platinum International Leisure Travel Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover ('Insurance') is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and eligibility criteria contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Platinum cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
- Account fees subject to change.
- Cash advance fees apply. Debit Interest is charged on all Cash Advances from date of the transaction. For cash advances in foreign currencies, a Foreign Currency Service Fee will also apply.
- The converted amount of your Foreign Currency Transaction and the foreign currency service fee (where applicable) are aggregated in the New Zealand dollar amount and in the rate of exchange shown on your statement for each Foreign Currency Transaction.
- A Card Dispatch fee may be charged if applicable.
- A Cash Advance fee will not apply if your account remains in credit after the Cash Advance.
- Balance transfer terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
BNZ Platinum Visa terms and conditions PDF 134KB