Get up to 35 days of international leisure travel insurance.
- Collect Fly Buys Points faster
- Extra insurances to provide added purchase protection1
- Choice of Visa, MasterCard or American Express®
- Up to 55 days interest free
Get a low rate of 1%8 p.a. when you transfer to us
Transfer an existing credit or store card balance you have elsewhere to a credit card with us and all you'll pay is 1% p.a. for 12 months on that balance, when you also have your main income paid into one of our transaction accounts (like YouMoney). If you don't have a transaction account with us, we'll still give you 3.99% p.a. for 12 months on a transferred balance, whether you're new to BNZ or we already know you. Unfortunately, there are no loyalty points or interest free days on the amount you transfer and you can't transfer a balance from another one of our credit cards. Find out more.
Collect Fly Buys Points
Once you link your BNZ Gold credit card to Fly Buys2, you'll collect points every time you buy something with your card; even on everyday purchases like groceries and petrol. With Visa and MasterCard you'll collect one point for every $40 you spend on purchases.3 With American Express card you'll get one point for every $20.3 It's free to join Fly Buys and you can redeem your Fly Buys online for all sorts of rewards.
Collect points twice at Fly Buys retailers
At retailers that offer Fly Buys, you can collect points twice. Just pay with your BNZ Gold credit card and swipe your Fly Buys card as well. It is a great way to boost your points total and get rewards sooner.
International leisure travel insurance at no extra cost
As a BNZ Gold credit cardholder, you could be eligible for 35 Day Gold Card International Leisure Travel Insurance4 on overseas travel of up to 35 days long.
For the full details of this insurance, please read the BNZ 35 Day Gold International Leisure Travel Insurance Policy PDF 160KB.
Your purchases are protected
Your Gold card comes with Extended Warranty, Purchase Protection, and PriceGuard insurances1.
- Extended Warranty – this can extend the warranty period beyond the manufacturer's original warranty on purchases you make with your card by up to 12 months1.
- Purchase Protection – can give you 90 days' insurance against theft, loss or damage on purchases you make with your card1.
- PriceGuard – when you buy something worth $150 or more with your card and then see it advertised somewhere else for less within 30 days of purchase, you could get the difference refunded up to a maximum of $1000 for each purchase1.
For full details of these insurances, please read the BNZ Gold Card Insurances PDF 160KB document.
A higher credit limit for freedom and peace of mind
With our Gold card you'll have more flexibility when it comes to larger purchases. It will also help you to quickly cover unexpected expenses or take advantage of special opportunities.
The BNZ Gold credit card has an account fee5 of just $40 every six months with an additional/joint card fee of $12.50 every six months. And if you repay your credit card statement balance in full and on time each month, you'll pay no interest on your purchases. With BNZ credit cards, this means you can get up to 55 days interest free on purchases.
Low minimum payment in case you need it
Each month, you can choose to pay as little as 2% or $25 of your outstanding balance (plus any overlimit or overdue amount), whichever is greater. We recommend that you repay all or most of your outstanding monthly balance, as you will be charged the current applicable interest rate on any remaining balance, but it's nice to know that the minimum payment option is there when you need a bit more flexibility.
Need cash in a hurry?
You can use your Gold card to get a cash advance from ATMs6 here and overseas7. There's no interest-free period for cash advances, so using your credit card to borrow cash is just like getting an instant loan.
Use your card to quickly pay for purchases
All BNZ chip Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued since 31st October 2012 have contactless technology, allowing you to use your card to quickly pay for purchases of up to $80 in New Zealand without a using a PIN. Learn more about contactless technology.
Security to protect you from fraud
Our credit cards come with security features to help protect you from credit card fraud when you make purchases online and over the counter. We also have world-leading technology, LENSecure, that updates your Visa and MasterCard credit card information with every balance enquiry, mini statement or cash advance6 at a BNZ ATM. This helps protect your card from counterfeit fraud.
Visa and MasterCard also come with added security, so you can feel more secure when you use your credit card to buy online. Find out more about using your Visa or MasterCard when shopping online.
Exclusive offers with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
Get exclusive entertainment offers with your Visa card through Visa Entertainment, including ticket pre-sales for concerts. If you have a MasterCard, you can take advantage of exclusive offers and packages on travel, dining, entertainment and retail with MasterCard Privileges. American Express also offers you benefits and rewards and the opportunity to use your BNZ or GlobalPlus American Express credit card to shop online in the US at Globaleshop, giving you access to thousands of online stores in the US.
|Purchase interest rate||View rates here|
|Cash advance interest rate||View rates here|
|Interest free days|
|Interest free days||Up to 55 days interest free|
|Account fee||$40 half yearly|
|Joint/additional account fee||$12.50 half yearly|
|Foreign currency service fee7||2.25% of the NZ dollar value of every Foreign Currency Transaction (as defined in the relevant credit card terms and conditions). There are some Foreign Currency Transactions on which we do not charge a foreign currency service fee, and there are some limited differences in the way a foreign currency service fee is charged on Visa, MasterCard and American Express Foreign Currency Transactions (see small print).|
|Late payment fee||$15.00|
|Over limit fee||$20 per statement (on each statement until the account is back within its limit)|
|Cash advance fees6|
|Electronic via NZ BNZ ATM, Telephone Banking or Internet Banking||$1.00|
|Electronic via NZ non-BNZ ATM||$2.00|
|All overseas transactions||$7.50|
- Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty and PriceGuard ('Covers') are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions (for example claim limits) contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Covers meet your needs. The Insurance is provided to Gold cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Covers, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer.
- Fly Buys terms and conditions apply.
- Fly Buys collection rates are subject to change without notice.
- 35 Day Gold International Leisure Travel Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover ('Insurance') is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and activation requirements contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Gold cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
- Account fees subject to change. The additional fee applies to both additional cards and joint accounts.
- Cash advance fees apply. Debit Interest is charged on all Cash Advances from date of the transaction. For cash advances in foreign currencies, a Foreign Currency Service Fee will also apply.
We do not charge a foreign currency service fee on purchase reversals (which does not include, to avoid doubt, purchase refunds – see below), ATM reversals and chargebacks, and credit a foreign currency service fee that is calculated as a percentage of the New Zealand dollar value of the reversal or chargeback. There are also some limited differences in the way a foreign currency service fee is charged on Visa, MasterCard and American Express Foreign Currency Transactions. These include:
a. Where a Merchant performs a purchase refund:
i. MasterCard and Amex: in addition to your purchase refund we credit a foreign currency service fee that is calculated as a percentage of the New Zealand dollar value of the purchase refund.
ii. Visa: we charge on your purchase refund a foreign currency service fee that is calculated as a percentage of the New Zealand dollar value of the purchase refund.
b. Where there is a foreign currency credit to your Card Account that is not related to a previous Foreign Currency Transaction debited to your Card Account:
i. MasterCard and American Express: we do not charge a foreign currency service fee on the converted New Zealand dollar value of the credit.
ii. Visa: we charge a foreign currency service fee that is calculated as a percentage of the New Zealand dollar value of the credit.
The converted amount of your Foreign Currency Transaction and the foreign currency service fee (where applicable) are aggregated in the New Zealand dollar amount and in the rate of exchange shown on your statement for each Foreign Currency Transaction.
- Balance transfer terms and conditions apply.
- Interest rate subject to change.
- A Card Dispatch fee may be charged if applicable.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express Company.
BNZ lending criteria and account fees apply.
Terms and conditions
BNZ credit card terms and conditions PDF 170KB