Client Fund Service
With online access 24/7? and no fees for transactions, Client Fund Service is easy to use and ideal for solicitors, accountants, real estate agents, stockbrokers, financial consultants, schools, and not-for-profit organisations.
What is Client Fund Service?
Online Client Fund Service helps you to better manage your money and your clients’ funds. You could earn a higher rate of interest or commission on trust funds (or ‘pooled’ individual funds) than you or your clients would, by investing them separately.
Why use Client Fund Service?
Manage your funds whenever it suits
- Move funds between your trust accounts and Client Fund Service accounts, 24/7 online.
- Keep the funds on call or move them into a term investment for up to five years.
- Check the account balances at any time, day or night.
- Automatically receive calculated tax, interest and commission amounts.
- Your clients’ money is protected from risks of fraud because you can’t transfer funds to other accounts.
Manage access and security
Three levels of access enable you to provide individuals with access appropriate to their senority or job description: sub-user, authoriser and administrator.
- Sub-users can perform most tasks within Client Fund Service, however these must then be authorised before they are actually processed.
- Authorisers are similar to a Sub-users except they have the ability to authorise pending transactions to be processed. You can have up to two authorisers for each transaction for increased security.
- Administrators must be one of the account owners or be an authorised signatory for the account. An Administrator can perform all Client Fund Service tasks except their own maintenance, for example reset passwords.
An extra layer of online security protection is provided by NetGuard.
Who can use Client Fund Service?
- Anyone who manages – or wishes to manage – funds on behalf of clients, but who currently doesn’t offer call or term investment facilities. For example: solicitors, accountants, stockbrokers, financial consultants, real estate agents.
- Anyone who manages – or wishes to manage – a number of investments belonging to their own organisation. For example: health boards, local authorities, schools, businesses, trustees.
- Any groups having several members who wish to ‘pool’ their savings together to earn better interest rates for themselves. For example: community groups, service groups, not-for-profit organisations.
Client Fund Service also provides for commissions to be earnt and paid.
How much does it cost?
Signing up and using Client Fund Service is free for all users. There are no fees charged for Client Fund Service accounts and no charges for the NetGuard token security either. Normal account fees apply for the accounts nominated for Client Fund Service.
How to register for Client Fund Service
- Contact your BNZ Partner to check that you have the correct bank accounts loaded to register for online Client Fund Service.
- Here are our Client Fund Service Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the online registration form and print off.
- When your application is verified by the bank, the administrator will receive an email advising that he/she is able to log in. We recommend you also register for Internet Banking for Business, so you have the option to process real-time electronic settlements through our Same-day Cleared Payments service.
- For more help registering, see our detailed help and support page.
If you need to speak to someone about registering for a Client Fund Service account, please call 0800 269 4242, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Although Client Fund Service will normally be available 24 hours a day, maintenance of the system is required from time to time.